Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 April 2014

Mesonai Scratchbuilds

Khurasan's Mesonai are not often seen, which is a pity as these minis are splendid , if you don't believe me take one & check it out under a magnifying glass & you'll see what I mean.
Here's another project I'm working on & it all started with the packaging.

As always may you be inspired.
Z
Gun made from a air freshener nozzle + needle bead head + card.Turret made from floss container lid & pill boxes ( is that correct word ? )



I like it , came out quite nice.
Clear plastic mould with plaster of paris cast



Sawn of bit ( I use a Japanese Saw for cutting off parts of Plaster or Mdf but any Back Saw will do ) I do a lot of DiY & I have loads of tools at home & these come very handy for conversions & scratchbuilding. Carved shapes & lines.Round parts made from pill boxes packaging.

Headlights made from what's left off pop rivets when you drill them out.




Hover base made from Mdf , card & toy parts.

Can be used upside down also

I will affix gun tubes to the hemispherical parts.

Need to make a spoon turret

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the tall slightly bulbous look is pretty distinctive. It reminds me a bit of some of the newer Star Wars designs. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison,
    Come to think of it yes it does bear a resemblance to them , doesn't it ?
    Hmm Interesting.More possibilities :):):)
    Z

    ReplyDelete