Hello again all,
Here is the start of my Pax Brittanica Space Expeditionary Force.
Italaeri 1/72 Merkava, Rebel Minis Merkas & Antenocities M577 HQ Troop and last but not least Armies Army commonwealth troops.
I'll be adding Mechs next .
I decided to try out a variation of one of the camos in my other post - Grey base/ Vallejo Stone / Gw Graveyard Earth / Gw Catachan green & black I used one of those new GW shades - Atonian camoshade I think it's called plus also the ever present WN peat brown.
All decals are home made on a clear sheet & printed on a Laser printer ,except for the aerial recognition red/white/red flag.The up pointing arrow is a variation of the present day side pointing one used today.
- For those that might be interested to do this camo - Grey spray undercoat
- Liquid mask was applied in squiggly shapes & Vallejo stone was airbrushed.
- Squigglies in green & brown & black were done
- Green wash & peat brown applied to all nooks & crannies only .
- Washed wheels & tracks with watered down bleached bone & then lightly drybrushed with black
- Decals applied., names hand drawn except for junior.
- Light drybrush with bleached bone.
- Chips & scuff marks done with sponge + 00 brush & touched with Stone + white.
- Applied Matt spray varnish ...
Pax Brittanica Universalis et Vivat regina
|Slightly converted plastic kit - Antenocities mg's, smoke launcher, rear pointing point defense .Milliput crewman on hightened hatch ring|
|"Junior" aptly named super heavy tank, decal from a Heller kit|
|Pc connector aerials, cloth rolls, thread rope & wire tow rope|
|Smoke launcher made from plastic inner insulation of a coaxial aerial cable cut at an angle|
|RM Merkas, I read somewhere that JBR's going to redesign this|
|I drilled the command vehicle hatch with an 8 or 10mm twist drill to insert an AA's HQ officer.Perfect fit, I added the mustache to get that British officer look and he really looks the part.|
|"Jane & Roger"|
Tea's that way
|Changed the cannon to a nicer Old Crow's one.|
|One of the nicest wheel threads around|
|First batch of Brit Grunts.Great minis to paint I added paper barrel to LMG .The HMG is one of the best looking SAW's around.Nice poses also.|
|Paints are exactly the same I used for the vehicles|
|Red shoulder bits added on officer same as crewman.|
|Size comparison.This 1/72nd Merkava fits in perfectly.|