I have finished my Droid legion.
CMG minis, Scratch built Mecha , Flying drones and vehicles.
As always it is much better to actually see a model in the flesh rather than a pic and explaining how one did the paint job may be ambiguous but I will try to go through what I did.
I use lots of different makes of inks and paints. I used the below system on all models. I experiment a lot with colours when painting.Sometimes it works an sometimes not.
Eg. all the splotches on the lower part of the Hunter Killer Flyer ( the big one) where created by overspraying ink and letting it dry like that.
1) Grey primer spray undercoat.
2) FW Colour medium blue airbrushed overcoat.
3) Magic colour airbrush Dark blue ink on legs and lower part.
4) W&N Cobalt blue wash on all models.
5) Drybrush with W&N Light blue on top part.
6) Very light drybrush with white on head/top part.
7) Magenta lenses and extremities of weapons.
Hand painted W&N yellow lines and a bit of orange mix.Thin Lines made with a sharpie indelible marker.
Great army Trojan Points and painted by micropanzer … enough said.Love the name also.
Oh another thing the actual name should have been Robot Nation not Droid legion .. must have been thinking something else.
Hope this made sense.