Decided to take a break from painting brits & continue with the Rusk.
Armies Army Rusk & Penal legion ( 2 converted to Saw's), Rebel minis Ursas ( Heavy Mecha) & Gzg 6mm Mecha ( Scout Mecha) plus a T 34 Command vechile conversion.
2 of the Ursas have had modifications to their left or right leg so as to have 3 different leg poses.All one has to do is saw 3/4ths of the way through the foot & bend to have a walking pose.
All photos taken with a Fuji AX600 compact in daylight.
Have to say that I've enjoyed painting more AA penal legion, quite fast to paint & the result is very nice,I love them wish more poses would come out as they are near to impossible to bend without breaking ......here's how I painted them.
1) Plasticote sandable Grey spray undercoat. ( this is the best undercoat I found ,better than white)
2) Black weapons & shoes
3) GW Leprous brown overall.
4) W&N peat brown wash all over.
5) Dry brush lightly with Gw Bleached bone.
6) Highlight weapons & boots with 2 shades of grey.
7) Drybrush skin with Flesh.
8) Highlight flesh + white or bleached bone ( nose,cheeks & forehead)
9) Mix very small dot of medium blue with flesh & paint shaved forehead, can be used for shaven face also especially on 28mm.
The terrain mix is different to the one I used on the Brits - Dry green & brown vine leaves,brown sand, green flock & small twigs.
Hope you find this useful .Enjoy
|Drill right through this into the filed flat peg.Then press steel pin into mating holes|
|These 6mm Gzg mecha have almost the same type of hood.|