Total Pageviews

Monday 25 July 2022

18mm Gitungi Mechs - 3D Printed

Hello again all,
These are my take on Gitungi mechs.

I found an art model on sale at Daz3d  https://www.daz3d.com/heavy-mech and since it is very similar to a Gitungi decided to convert it to a 3mf then to stl. The crew are converted from a DutchMogul model.

Models made for art purposes ( & there are splendid ones to be found ) are usually more finely detailed than those designed for printing so I had to remove tiny parts which would prove problematic in printing & strengthen the ankles etc. It does take time but worth it in the end.

I think it fits the bill perfectly.








It is not all a bed of roses. Resin printing reminds me of the Win95 play with words " Plug & Pray " instead of " Plug & play ".

Went to print some more - same model - 3 failures ( both with missing fist arm, one seems to have met Dart Vader !! & the other just supports remained ) & 2 damaged Fep later. 

Only the Gods of printing know what happened...... printed 2 more arms & I will use the cut one in a diorama or something.





Thanks for your comments. 
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment